What is Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is a marketing practice in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought about by the affiliate’s marketing efforts” Basically, you as a publisher will be rewarded when you help a business by promoting their products or services
Affiliate Marketing is the process of building and maintaining a website that reviews products via writing content. This content would have links to an online store (such as Amazon) where readers would then purchase the product and you earn revenue through commissions.
The more often you direct visitors to your website, the more income you potentially could earn. An effective way to drive (visitor) traffic to your website is through the search engines.
The goal is to get your website ranked on the first page of Google for your targeted keyword (e.g. [product name] review). When this is accomplished, large amounts of search engine traffic will end up at your website and thus earn more revenue
5 Important Steps about Affiliate Marketing
- The relationship between affiliate and merchant is a symbiotic one. Both affiliate and merchant benefit from having an affiliate partnership with each other.
- Your affiliate should be somehow in line with your product or service for an affiliate marketing strategy to work
- Every website is different in what amount they expect to be paid, but one thing is clear: performance-based marketing allows you to waste less money in advertisement allocation.
- One of the greatest benefits to doing affiliate marketing is the fact that it can be tracked. Affiliate programs often allow you to see certain things like click-through rates or views of your site as a result of a customer having viewed an affiliate web page.
- Exposure is key to any component of a marketing strategy. By having affiliates, you can have your product or service held out for the online world to see. And by staying present on appropriate sites, your exposure will increase exponentially by staying in tune with the correct, targeted demographics.